Re:Bioplast and other undergravel heaters

>>I can tell you that substrate heaters are much more efficient aquarium
heaters than other types--or so has been my experience.  Lighting
levels, potasium levels, and things like that seem to have tremendously
larger impacts on the plants than the use of substrate heating. I can't
possibly put more heat into my tanks without overheating them.   <<

Well I am confused here. I thought substrate heaters were to simply create a
small warm current deep in the substrate, and wouldnt be enough to heat the
whole tank by any stretch. You certainly would not use them to take the
place of a water colum heater... Isnt this correct?

Robert Paul H
http://www.aquabotanic.com