Tall E. tenellus, aquaticplantdepot.com and other questions

I just received my order from aquaticplantdepot and was impressed by the
order from the outset.  Communication was great and I was able to add
several plants to my order after I had placed it.  I was emailed the
tracking number as well.  The shipping and box charge were cheap (compared
to azagardens) and the stryo box excellent.  The only problem was I received
more potted glosso than I had expected, but it was in great shape.  I will
definitely order from them again.

Anyhow, the problem is, the dozen E. tenellus I received are very tall --
about 8 inches with most of it being petiole.  I assume they were grown
emmersed because most of them had the arial flower stems/buds still
attached.  Is this normal?  Will they "shrink" to normal size once they set
out new leaves?  Do I need to do anything special to them?

Tank info:  I have a laterite in the substrate, CO2 and about 2.3 watts/gal
for 11 hours.  CH is about 5dH, total is about 6dh, pH 6.6 -6.7.  The area
they are planted in is a larger grain gravel then ideal, about 5-6 mm3 (the
glosso is in a fine sandy "beach" area).  I use about 5 cc of Kent's plant
supplement every other day.

Final question, before I planted the chain swords and glosso, I pulled out a
lot of my h. polysperma and all the cabomba I had in the tank.  I don't
think I had enough light for the cabomba to be happy and the hygro was
growing way too fast and crowding out the light from the other plants.  Are
there any good stem / bunch plants I can put into the tank with the lighting
levels I have that will grow decently and not be as "rooty" as the hygro?  I
don't have any red plants in this tank, as the red temple seemed to die off
below the red tops, so something with a little color might be nice.

I've been thinking about changing the insides of the 30 watt NO strip light
into one 96 watt PC.  I have a 48" long strip fixture (even though it only
has a 36" tube in it). This would boost my total light to 206 watts for 60
gallons (3.4 watts/gal).  Would the AH supply 96 watt bright kit work?

TIA,

Tony