Hidden Powers of Melafix?

I  noticed quite by accident that the fish remedy Melafix seems to inhibit
rot in plants. The first time, I was dosing a tank because of finrot in a
platy, and 2 days later a creeping case of fungus on a crinum was gone.

I'm trying to rescue a bolbitis which is little more than rhizome at the
moment. New shoots coming up, but there was a fuzzy fungusy-looking growth
on the ends of a couple pieces of rhizome. It seemed to be spreading during
the next few days. I dumped in some Melafix and the next day the fuzzy stuff
had vanished. I have a feeling this might be just coincidence; I was
wondering if anyone else had tried this or noticed it?

Rebecca
(whose plants are not normally all rotting away :))