Echinodorus ozelot

I have a question about a large Echinodorus ozelot which I have had for
quite some time.  It was always one of my fastest growing plants, putting
off a new leave every few days.  The problem is that lately the size of the
leaves has been getting smaller.  I always got nice 12 inch leaves, but now
they are shrinking and only reaching about 8 inches.  I regularly add
micronutrients and have co2 via yeast reaction.  My nitrate is about 5 ppm
and I have never noticed this problem before.  Nevertheless I can seem to
grow a good crop of beard algae which I am having problems getting rid of.
Thanks for any help. -Mike