pruning tips for Ammannia senegalensis

Hi everyone,
I have some A. senegalensis in my 125 gallon tank. CO2, PC lighting, TMG. The
stalks have reached the top of the water, and they have lost their leaves on
the lower 2/3. Would I get new growth if I cut the stalk say 1/2 way down? At
this point there would be no leaves. Should I cut the stalk at the 1/2 way
point, pull up the bare stalk and replant the top? This plant is totally new
to me, so I don't know the correct pruning technique. The stalks are not what
I would say crowded, at least a couple inches between each.

I would really appreciate any help.
Thank you.
Dave