Another "hung" email

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: "weltschmerz" <weltschmerz at pacific_net.sg>
To: <Aquatic-Plants at actwin_com>
Subject: Re:  plant photo id
Date: Wed, 1 Aug 2001 12:45:38 +0800

> Anyone have any idea what this is and how to acquire it?
> I found this on the ADH site linked from apistogramma.com
>
> http://www.ca.sakura.ne.jp/~adh/gallery/Images/keyari-01.jpg
>
> there are also some pics labelled tonnia (sp?) also that would be worth
> having if possible.
>
> anyone going to japan? ;-)
>
> Joe

joe, the plant in question should be tonina fluivitis . . . this is a plant
supposedly native to taiwan, and is very popular over there . . . however,
it is hard to grow in the tropics as it likes cooler temperatures, like 24
degrees celcius . . . there are a few subspecies . . . in taiwan they call
it the 'sun plant' -> direct translation . . .

hth
DEA