How to grow an algae forest?

Seems like a crazy topic, but I picked up a dozen Amano shrimp
in Atlanta last week and am going to raise them in a ten gallon
tank at work. A couple of the shrimp look to be holding eggs, so I
wanted to get them by themselves for protection. The tank is
cycled and ready to go, except for a good coating of algae. I can
feed them with algae wafers or flakes, but I would like to grow a
nice hair algae forest for them to graze on. It's a 10 gallon with a
20W tube for lighting.

What would be the best way to grow my forest. I can add NO3,
PO4, Fe + micros, and any macros needed, plus the light can stay
on all the time if need be. What sorta suggestions do any of you
have?

TIA,

Jamie    <"\\\><  Aquatic plants, water chemistry, and cichlids
                  http://www.ais-gwd.com/~jjirons