Re: adding iron

I have a supply of iron DPTA (diethylenetriaminepentacetic acid), and my
experience just looking at the health of the plants, especially floating
plants, is that it stays in solution for several months.  I do not have an
iron test kit to confirm this, however.  This form of chelated iron is sold
by Ciba-Geigy, and appears to be a lot more stable in the aquarium than
iron EDTA (ethylenediaminetetraacetic acid), which tends to precipitate out
when exposed to light.

I found iron DTPA at one of the garden stores in Jackson, MS, but only in
five pound containers for about $43.00.  I now have a lifetime supply for
myself and all my children and their children and their children-----etc.
Someone who has an iron test kit should try out this stuff.

Paul Krombholz, in steamy central Mississippi