Threads on CO2 canisters?

Can anyone tell me the proper name for the thread type found on a CO2 canister? I'm planning on using a paintball canister with a standard regulator with a minimum of adapters (My skin is pretty important to me). I'm led to believe that the thread type found on paintball canisters is the "NPT" variety.

Now, for all for all of you waiting in the bushes waiting to ambush me, I am aware that in the long run a proper CO2 tank will be more economical, but as of now, I simply don't have the money to buy one (I'm a high school student). There are also no places to rent that I know of.

--
Warren   |   KC0HAK
http://www.top-quark.com