[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: How Should Plants be Packaged and Shipped
Advice on economical plant shipping:
1. Styrofoam box -- buy a bait box at Wal-Mart for
2. Temperature control -- buy a freeze-pack/ice-pak
for less than 1.00 at your local sporting goods place.
3. Bags -- I use fish bags. An easy way to obtain
these is to trade with your LFS.
4. Packing -- I use inflated bags, with almost no
water (per Gary Lange's suggestion).
5. Shipping -- USPS Priority Mail ~4.00.
You don't need to spend 30$ for shipping. I ship
plants like Macrandra out of Houston, so I have put
some time into coming up with this formulation. I
think it works well.
Do You Yahoo!?
Make international calls for as low as $.04/minute with Yahoo! Messenger