Re: warning

Robert:

>Most email virus warnings are hoaxes, and the hoax gets perpetuated by well
>meaning people. But this one is real, email viruses can only exhist in the
>form of an attachment, and this one has been going around since last week
>
>"I send you this file in order to have your advice."
>
>Does that line sound familiar? If so, you're one of the thousands of
>Internet users around the world who have received the SirCam virus since it
>was released into the wild last week.
>
>I have had this emailed to me 3 or 4 times a day for the past week. Somebody
>is apparently out to get me! It is an attachement with a PDL or something
>like that extention. You can read about it here:
>http://www.wired.com/news/technology/0,1282,45476,00.html

I think this might be the same one b/c I too have been getting 3-4
spam-looking
mails w/ attachments from a costumer this week.  I got fed up and emailed
them
an angry response.  Turns out the guy had no idea what was going on.  The bug
targeted his address book.

Here is info:

http://www.cnn.com/2001/TECH/internet/07/20/computer.viruses/index.html

To scan for the virus, and if you are without an updated virus program, try
here:

http://housecall.antivirus.com

The attachment appears to be just a "doc" or an "xls" extension and not the
tell-tail
"exe" extension.  Don't be fooled.  The bug may come from someone you know.

--
http://www.floridadriftwood.com