[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: Trouble with Amano Shrimp - please reply
I sure wish I could help you, as I lost one a while ago and it sounds
I have done extensive searching on the net for these shrimp trying to find
everything and anything I could. I found that ammonia equals death by toxin
and that copper and other heavy metals interfere with molting and thus lead
to death. I am going to get some more soon and hope the same doesn't
happen. A lonely SAE I picked up at the same time as the lone shrimp died
the same day. Neither looked good when I first got them, so it could have
been poor health that killed them. Anyway, I hope it works out for you.
* I have found some more dead shrimp. I think almost half of them died
* I've also seen a couple of shells. It seems like they might be dying
* after molting. My calcium is about 50 ppm, so I don't think there is
* problem with them being able to regrow new shells. Also, there are 6
* that won't leave one corner of my tank. It's not an area of
* heavy water flow and there doesn't seem to be more of anything to
* would be interested to eat.
* Please reply ASAP. Thank you.