Re: Finally

Hello Douglas,

----- Original Message -----
From: Aquatic Plants Digest <Aquatic-Plants-Owner at ActWin_com>
To: <Aquatic-Plants at ActWin_com>
Sent: Monday, July 16, 2001 9:48 AM
Subject: Aquatic Plants Digest V4 #1155

> Date: Sun, 15 Jul 2001 23:59:30 -0500
> From: Douglas Guynn <dguynn at nwol_net>
> Subject: FINALLY!

[...]

> I'm not sure exactly what did it, but I think it was adding the elodea
that
> took care of the problem.

at first congratulation for your succes!  For clarification: elodea is a
synonym. What do you mean, Egeria densa or Lagarosiphon major? Sorry, but I
don't believe, that was "elodea". I have both of the plants in my tank and I
don't see any effect against algae, which are present. I think, something
else, of course I cannot tell you what, won the fight over algae. Make a
test: Remove "elodea" for a time and see what happens. I think, algea will
_not_ come back.
In any case, be happy!
Regards, Klaus.

Hompage: http://www.bingo-ev.de/~Klaus.Haber