Re: What are the risk of yeast seeping into water?

I have always read that yeasts, generally speaking, are airborne fungi
although they come in many forms.

Damp and, especially, warm places are easily "infected with yeasts" and
most aquaria are probably exposed to yeast spores as easily as airborne
algae spores.

One would expect some yeast spores to be in the CO2 emitted from yeast
reactors.

So Chee Ming probably is not exposing his tank to yeast that the tank
hasn't already, and wouldn't otherwise, have.

What I don't understand is why he puts the bottle in the tank instead
of using an airline tube, which would be less obtrusive and make
changing the bottle easier.  Or so it seems to me.

Scott