Re: advice on light increase

Hello, I am thinking of increasing the light over my 38 gallon planted low
tech tank.  It has 60 watts normal fluorescent and no CO2.  My question is,
how much of an increase would 72 watts compact fluorescent be?  I know that
compact fluorescents are supposed to put out more light than the same wattage
normal fluorescent, but how much more?  I am willing to do DIY CO2, but I
don't think I am ready for real high-tech.  Would it be a better idea to add
an extra normal fluorescent tube?  What would be the best way to do that
since I have a regular double bulb strip light?  Thanks in advance, Teresa.