Re: DIY CO2 stagnation?

> Why does it appear to be not doing much, until
> it is agitated, then it springs into life?  Is this
> normal, and I maybe need more yeast in the next
> batch?

The liquid in your fermenter is saturated with CO2.
When you agitate it, you cause the same effect as if
you shook a bottle of soda.

More yeast is not the answer, nor is more sugar.
Warming the fermenter will increase the yeast's
activity and cause more CO2 to be produced faster.
However, that means you will have to recharge or
replace the solution sooner.  The cooler the solution
(down to around 18 to 22 degrees C), the slower the
fermentation, and the slower the CO2 production.
Adjusting the temperature of the fermenter is the key
to adjusting the rate at which CO2 goes into your
tank.