Going filter less

Well today I broke down and made a CO2 injector.  It cost me roughly $90.00
US to do this.  I have a power filter hooked up to a tube with bio-balls.
It all inters at the top and is mixed on the way down and exits at the
bottom (pointing straight down toward the gravel).

There is very little circulation in the tank now compared to the two
bio-wheel filters that were hooked up to it.  Is this ok?  I mean the
circulation is very little.  I have never done without a filter so I guess I
am a little concerned.

Another question is....since there is minimal circulation will this also
help cut down on the amount of algae?

Dave Berryman