Mail Order SAEs and Shrimp

For what it's worth, this is my recent experience buying live long
distance.

I placed an order on June 20 for SAEs and Amano Shrimp from
http://www.azgardens.com/

I was backordered until today's shipment.  Fedex said the plane arrived
late at the airport, after the couriers had left.  So the package got
to me by about 1:00 p.m. instead of 10:30 a.m., which is the advertised
deadline for Priority Overnight.

Out of 26 shrimp, 20 were alive. Out of 18 SAEs, 2 were alive.
The shrimp were about 1" - 1 1/4" in length.  The SAEs were about 1" in
length.

The package was a 12" x 12" x 8" corrugated cardboard box with sheet of
1/2 white expanded foam lining the top and bottom of the box.  The foam
had foil lining on one side.  The sides of the box had no lining.
The SAEs and shrimp were packaged in a separate bags that were well
sealed.  The shrimp bag had about 12" of elodea for the shrimp to hold
to during shipment.

When I called Fedex, they took done some info and then said someone
would call me back in a couple of days regarding my claim.

Scott