Lighting/Co2 setups; low, medium & high?

Hi everyone
I'd like to know if I'm thinking along the right track, if I were to
setup three tanks say (A), (B) and (C). (A) would have low lighting-
1wat per gallon?- no Co2 and certain plants such as crypts, anubia, java
moss and fern and little to no fertilisation depending on fish loading
and waste. (B) would have medium lighting -around 2 wats per gallon?-
Co2 (or not?), be planted with species that tolerate medium amount of
light (such as ludwigia, rotala swords? etc) and again fertiliser if
needed. (C) would have 3 wats or more per gallon, Co2, substrate/water
column fertiliser as needed any high light loving species (water
wisteria, hair grass, riccia and others?). Could three tanks be set up
like this which would demonstrate the differenences that the level of
light/Co2 and fertilisers make and what kind of plants one could grow
according to setup or is that just too darn simple and in fact it is
much more complicated in real life? Also do you think other variables
must be taken into account such as substrate/heating or wouldn't it
matter if all of the tanks had exactly the same subtrate/heating and
lights (like all fluro as opposed to metal halide)?
TIA for your comments and opinions
Damian.