Fish helping each other

I am observing something I have never seen before.  After changing my water
and adding some nutrients and things like that, one of my Rummy Nose Tetras
is having a real hard time adjusting to the PH swing and it looks as if it
may not make it.  The other Rummy Nose Tetras are gather around it and
trying to make it swim and kind of offering encouragement.

Also the other Rummies appear to be protecting it.  When I get close to look
they gather around it in a circle like Elephants will with a baby Elephant.
Kind of neat.  Has anyone else ever seen anything like this?

Dave Berryman