Can too much fertilizer kill a plant?

I have a 72 L fully planted aquaria with 72 watts lighting, DIY CO2 that
runs on UGF. I add about
3-5 ml of AZOO liquid fertilizer everyday. Recently, I added small chunks of
fertilizer stix ( it says 1 stick per 20 L of water). Anyway, I broke only 1
stick and place it underneath some of my favourite plants. My sword plants
and a fairly large red tiger lotus doesn't seem to have any problems. But my
ludwigia repens, 1 mini nymphaea lotus and green rotala sp. began to brown
out the next day. Their leaves would turn brown and then transparent. I
suspect that it was due to an overdose of fertilizer?