Filtration question

Diego Barbosa: Merida97 at aol_com; dbarbosa at akingump_com

Hi everyone,

I just received a 55 gal tall tank (36"x12"x23") from a relative. The tank is
in great condition and came with a very nice wooden stand and matching
canopy, and two filters, one EHEIM 2215 (supposedly good for up to 93 gal
tanks) and an Emperor 400 Bio-Wheel Filter.

I am about to set up a planted tank with CO2 injection and I have the feeling
that running the two filters in this tank could be a little bit of overkill.
I'm hoping I'm right about this because I would rather not use the Emperor in
order to have as little equipment as possible hanging on the back of the
tank. The tank is not very deep (front to back) and I need the room to sit my
lighting system on top of it. So if I could use the EHEIM only, the Emperor
wouldn't be in my way.

Of course that if I come to the conclusion that I am better of running both
filters I will find the room for it.

I would appreciate your opinion regarding this issue. Should I use the EHEIM
only and therefore have more room for the lights, or should I use the two
filters in order to have more/better filtration and deal with the space issue
(rearranging the lights set up)?

I thank you all in advance for your time and advise, and thank good for this
mailing list.

Diego

PS: I am sure I'll be bugging you all with more questions in different areas
while trying to put everything together and make it work, I apologize in
advance and promise to learn as quick as possible.