AquaScaping

Hi there,

I've been in the hobby (again) for the last 13 months or so and decided to
get back into Red Asian Crabs. However since I do not want to purchase a new
tank just for these critters I thought I would do some aquascaping in my 27
gal. The tank dimensions and occupants are as follows:

23w x 23h x 12d
2 Angels
4 Gourami's (Can't remember the exact type but they are about 1 inch long
and full grown)
2 Rams
2 Panda Cory's
2 Juli Cory's
1 Albino Pleco
2 Amano Shrimp

Now as I am aware crabs need to be able to get out of the tank to dry air on
occasion so obviously this needs to be about 20" high and relatively light.
I was wondering if anyone out there had any suggestions and/or experience as
to how to deal with this. I was thinking of a cave type mixture made of
driftwood and cork on the top to form the 'bank' at the front right corner
of my tank. The last batch of crabs that I owned used to get out the tank a
little too often so I will be lowering the water level by 1 1/2 inches to
prevent this. I sort of miss the little guys as I could get them to take the
food pellets out of my hands (try that with most fish :-) ).

So if any of you have any ideas either post them here so that all of us can
build on one another's ideas or send them to me at my e-mail address above.

Looking forward to seeing your ideas... as I am completely stumped

Ross Chapman
Toronto, Ontario, Canada

---