[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Amano shrimp - will other fish eat them??
An LFS here in Calgary, Alberta has what they say are Amano
shrimp for what sounds like a reasonable price
($3 or $4 CDN - I don't remember...). They are about
0.75" - 1" long. I thought I would get a few, but before I did, I
wanted to make sure that the other fish in my tank won't
regard the shrimp as a gourmet (and expensive) snack.
Can anyone tell me if my other fish will eat the shrimp? The
fish I have are:
- Praecox Rainbows (Melanotaenia praecox); almost fully
- Hengel's Rasboras (Rasbora hengeli)
- Neon Tetras (Paracheirodon innesi)
- SAEs (Crossocheilus siamensis)
- Corydora catfish (I don't know what species)
- Otocinclus (again, I don't know what species)
My tank is not very heavily planted (just a few java ferns; I'm
looking to get a nice big tank with lights and lots of plants and
- but that's another story), so I don't know if the shrimp would have
that many places to hide.
Thanks for the help!