RE: plant tank filters-again

<Date: Fri, 15 Jun 2001 17:32:13 -0700 (PDT)
<
<From: "L. Merrell" <merrell at u_washington.edu>
<Subject: plant tank filters-again

<Hi. Thanks for the many replies to my last post, I am now trying to
decide
<between an Eheim ecco and a Fluval 304. Does anyone have experience
with
<either of these, they are similar in price.

Well I might get sued but what the heck....

The Eheim Ecco's are not worth the money IMO.  I have three of them and
all three have given me more than my share of troubles. One even siezed
up and had to be replaced.  The priming mechanism broke on Ecco # 2
after only the second cleaning. I must say that  that the third Ecco
that I own is/has been working properly.  But 1 out of 3 is a pretty bad
track record.   Definitely not worth the money.  I've been a loyal Eheim
user since I can remember but these new Ecco's are cheap flimsy
cannister filter wannabe's.

I just bought a new Fluval 104 to replace the Eheim with the broken
priming mechanism.  It's still in the box.  I guess I'll find out soon
enough which is better.

Regards,

Ed