Re: Filters for plant tanks

Hello Laurel,

I like HOT (Hang On Tank) magnums. They have *almost* the flexiblilty of a traditional cannister, and I also think they are a bit easier to fiddle with on a regular basis, ie: maintenance.

Usually, (if the tank is new) I'll stuff the inner compartment with charcoal on the bottom and some bio-media on top (whatever is "hip" that week:) Soon, your charcoal will be de-activated and become reasonable bio-media in itself.

Stick with a cannister style filter, at any rate. They give the most options for your buck. And where else would you feed your CO2?....hehe

good luck,
John