Are compact fluorescent bulbs interchangeable/all the same?

Hi,

I was wondering if all Compact Fluorescent bulbs are interchangeable.  I
have JBJ Lighting system. Could I replace the bulb with another brand or
type of CF or do I have to stick with their brand.  I don't know much
about CF, but I didn't know if there were standard bulbs like T-12.  I am
looking to put some less expensive bulbs in if possible.  I would love to
have a source of CF bulbs that are not so expensive.

Thanks,

Stephanie
GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.