Re: Snail Eaters

For Susi, who was looking for snail eaters?  I think any of the Botias
(cousins of the clown loach) will eat snails.  I have three "Sargent
Major" botias in a 125, and I can't start a snail population, even tho
I'd like to.  They are pretty small, 2½'' or so, attractive, not
aggressive, and I hardly ever see them.  They consider snails a treat.
Be warned, tho, you put some in your tank they'll be the devil to net
out again.  Some of the fastest fish in the LFS, I think!

Jim Kennedy