[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: Snail Eaters
- To: Aquatic-Plants at actwin_com
- Subject: Re: Snail Eaters
- From: Buck-eye-land at webtv_net (James Kennedy)
- Date: Sat, 9 Jun 2001 17:24:54 -0400 (EDT)
- In-Reply-To: Aquatic-Plants-Owner at actwin_com (Aquatic Plants Digest)'smessage of Sat, 9 Jun 2001 03:48:02 -0400 (EDT)
For Susi, who was looking for snail eaters? I think any of the Botias
(cousins of the clown loach) will eat snails. I have three "Sargent
Major" botias in a 125, and I can't start a snail population, even tho
I'd like to. They are pretty small, 2½'' or so, attractive, not
aggressive, and I hardly ever see them. They consider snails a treat.
Be warned, tho, you put some in your tank they'll be the devil to net
out again. Some of the fastest fish in the LFS, I think!