Water inside CO2 regulator

Uh... oh. I did something stupid, don't ask how... :(... and I got water
inside my CO2 regulator and needle valve. Does anyone know what I can do, or
if I even have to do anything, to make this regulator useable? I know that
CO2 when mixed w/ water makes carbonic acid which is mildly corrosive. Will
this acid have a detrimental effect on regulator use? So far I hooked up my
air compressor and inserted it into every orifice of the regulator and
needle valve, trying to get all the water out. I'll do this for several
days. Will this be enough to make the regulator useable again?

Don