Formal Retraction

Attn all:

On November 29, 1999 I made a post to the APD (you can see the full
post in the archives:
http://www.actwin.com/fish/aquatic-plants/month.9911/msg00630.html  )
in which I made the following statement:

>I hope this doesn't appear to be "bashing" of another product. That
>truly is not my intent, but I do feel strongly when another
>manufacturer tries to mislead the consumer (either intentionally or
>not, I don't know) with pseudo scientific claims that prop up invalid
>assertions of product superiority."

I hereby wish to formally retract that statement. In retrospect it
would appear that that particular statement had the appearance of
establishing something to be factual which is only my personal
opinion. I have been advised that this list, being a pulic forum, is
not the proper place to express that type of personal opinion.

I have requested (at the direct legal bequest of Kent Marine, Inc.)
that the above paragraph be removed from the archive and substituted
with the following:

>I hope this doesn't appear to be "bashing" of another product. That
>truly is not my intent, but I simply feel I must point out
>scientific inaccuracies where applicable.

Although I have no control over what anyone stores publicly or
privately, I am compelled to at least make the public request that if
any one else has this message stored in electronic or printed format
that they alter said message accordingly. If you do so, I would
appreciate notification so that I can turn over such notification to
Kent Marine's attorney.

Thank you,
-Greg Morin

--

Gregory Morin, Ph.D.  ~~~~~~~Research Director~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Seachem Laboratories, Inc.      www.seachem.com     888-SEACHEM