newbie

hi all!!

i'm new to this list and to aquatic plants. I got interested in them to try and control algea and nitrates in my 2 goldie tanks.

I have a 55G and a 30G and in each I have
1 amazon sword
1 water sprite
anachris
diandra
pennywort
hygrophila polysperma
1 banana plant

any advise in appreciated!!

questions:

any way to anchor stem plants? the goldies love to trash the place and stemm plants are always floating up to the top

how much light?? my 55G has a 110W compact flour. and the 30 has 60W of "aqualight"??

plants seem to be doing well. is there a troubleshooting guide out there somewhere? best books? best web sites??

how about buying plants on line? any advise? recommended vendors?
I'm looking for a few plants..hornwort is one!!!..that I can't find locally.

that's all I can think of for now!!
Thanks!!
Amethyst