probable buffer?

My local tap water is sruprisingly pure - not too much of anything
accoridng to the water report for March (for some reason, they are
always a few months behind on their website).  I am wondering if there
might be a hidden buffer - something that isn't normally tested for.
If not, would the pH drop one its own through aeration (ie, add CO2)?

Here is doday's report:
Hardness (ppm CaCO3) 167
pH 7.80
Alkalinity (mg/L) 112

The water company gives daily reports of these values, the hardness
dropped by 9 ppm in the last day; otherwise all of the other values are
pretty much condtant.

You comments are appreciated.

=====
J. Miller