re: Cheap CO2 check val;ves

I use a check valve in line between the regulator and the injection site in
the Filter. Mine is a Dennerle check valve with screw-down type fittings on
both sides (like brass pressure fittings). Made of heavy duty black ABS. Has
worked perfectly for better than 2 years now. I use them on all three of my
plant tanks. M3 sells this valve for about $18, I think. They also have a
solid metal one that is supposed to be even better, but is definetly overkill
for my situation. The Dennerle valve is good, but requires a certain amount
of pressure to go across the check valve. I do not know if there would be
enough pressure in a yeast-type CO2 generator to cross it without popping off
the line at the bottle.
Dave