Copper tubing & swords

Is copper tubing a good alternative for delivering CO2 from a
regulator to the tank? With a piece of silicone hose going into
the water. I've got quite a distance, and a concrete wall, between
where I want to put the CO2 bottle and where the tanks are. I
intend to have separate needle valves and bubble counters for each
tank but I'm not sure what would be the best place to put them.
Close to the bottle or close to the tank? If I place the needle
valves and bubble counters close to the bottle, will the CO2 and
water from the bubble counter verdigrise the copper tubing and
bring copper into the tank?

Lennart Edén
Norrkoping Sweden