RE:Eheim and Canister Filter Questions

I do not know about other filters, but you don't have anything to worry
about with water draining to the floor.  A canister is a closed filter.  In
fact, when servicing your aquarium you will turn it off.  I think you will
be happy with this filter.<<

You only have to worry if you dont have a tight enough seal on the top of
the cannister, or if your hoses are not put on exactly right. This used to
be more of a problem on older models, I dont know how they are now. I
emptied an entire 30 gallon tank and a 55 gallon tank because of the filter
not being conneceted just right, a few years ago.

Robert