Re: Eheim and Canister Filter Questions

Danny, why would you want to back flush the canister filter?  I have a Pro
2224 and thoroughly enjoy it.  First you turn off the filter, close the hose
valves, remove the double-disconnect head, remove the pump head, and then
remove the media baskets.  It is a really simple concept (perfect for me!).

I do not know about other filters, but you don't have anything to worry
about with water draining to the floor.  A canister is a closed filter.  In
fact, when servicing your aquarium you will turn it off.  I think you will
be happy with this filter.

Craig Carline