[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
- To: <Aquatic-Plants at actwin_com>
- Subject: Re: flourite
- From: Thomas Barr <tcbiii at earthlink_net>
- Date: Wed, 23 May 2001 09:55:49 -0700
- In-Reply-To: <200105230748.DAA23258 at actwin_com>
- User-Agent: Microsoft-Outlook-Express-Macintosh-Edition/5.02.2022
> I'm thinking of setting up tank with a Flourite only substrate. I thought I
> had read at one point it was harder to grow carpet plants with Flourite
> because of the size. Could anyone comment on this. What I want is a huge
> carpet of E. tellenus and hairgrass. Would sand be a better substrate with
> some soil underneath?
Not at all. Carpet plants are easier, not harder. Flourite does super with
hairgrass/chain swords/gloss.... you name it. I was worried at first too.
Having many years of comparisons proved the opposite actually. The only
addition to flourite one might consider is some peat.