Re: Java fern...emersed growth?

Ali Badu wrote:

> [...]
rivers.
these are emersed growth. the rivers are usually covered by forest canopy
and have little light. very humid, moist even. <<<<<

Ali, about what temperature are the Javafern environments in Malaysia?

about 20metre sq. together with java moss outside a limestone cave. high
alkalinity<<<<<

Yes, I understand Javafern likes hard water.  Does anyone know why this is
the case?  Does the plant have some capacity to undergo biogenic
calcification?

http://www.floridadriftwood.com