Re: Responding to messages

On Sat, May 19, 2001 at 10:10:27PM -0400, CDELAHUNT at aol_com wrote:
> << How do I reply to a message in the digest
>  without re-sending the complete digest?  I could cut, copy and paste into a
>  new message, but it seems there should be an easier method.
>
>  Thanks,
>  Wayne C >>
>
> Just highlight the text you want to respond to, and click "reply".  Be sure
> to change the subject line so it matches your text or topic.

Well ... maybe. It depends totally on your mail client; all mail
clients do not do things the same way!

If you happen to be using a *real* operating system, there's a much
better way. Use procmail to split the digest back up into individual
messages and then deliver them to the mailbox of your choice (on your
machine, or anywhere else for that matter). Then you can deal with and
respond to each message as a stand-alone entity. Works like a charm.

If any of you are using some flavor of Unix, contact me off list and
I'd be glad to share the details.

dan
--
Dan Resler                            email: dresler at vcu_edu
Dept. of Mathematical Sciences