Ground cover please

Hi All

I have a 10 gallon that is by all accounts my worst plant tank. I have a.
nana, Echinodorous and Java Fern. The growth is good but I have had a
problem establishing a ground cover. I have tried e. tenellus but it did not
take.

I have 1.3 watts per gallon , DIY CO2 and a potting soil/gravel substrate. I
have had no problem getting a ground cover started in my other tanks but
this one is not responding. Algae is minimal and I have 4 cory cats in
there.

Any suggestions will be appreciated.

Regards
Paul G