Membrane CO2 Reactors

Ok thinking about these gave me an idea. Someone can
probably point out to me why this won't work so I will
post it :-)

When I heard this I started thinking of what would
work to allow gas through but not water and I thought
of Kordon's gas permeable bags. Could you place one of
these in a filter and pump CO2 into it, since it would
be submersed the gas could pass out into the water and
the water could not get in. It would make for a dirt
cheap reacotr that should utilize the most CO2
possible since none would be bubbling out of the tank?
Just a thought. Obviously you would need very low
pressure CO2, and probably some sort of pressure valve
which would lose some CO2 to the room occasionally.
What do you guys think?

Scott