Looking for laterite brands

I'm looking to buy some laterite to add to my new 55 gallon tank.  There
don't seem to be as many brands available as there once were.  I need
some advice on a good brand to start with.  I don't plan on adding
heating cables and I have moderate lighting.  I don't want to start a
argument about what brand is better than others I would just like to know
if there are any I should really avoid and get a few recommendations.  I
have had bad luck with some substrate additives before (Tetra Hilena
Initial D was one) so I want a nice brand to start with.

I'm sure someone will recommend Flourite but it is too expensive for me
and I have some nice sized pretty gravel I would like to use with the
laterite.

Thanks,

Stephanie
GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!