Nymphaea lotus

Recently I received two Nymphaea lotus "bulbs" which soon began producing
numerous plantlets.  As each plantlet achieves 7 or 8 leaves, and a nice
root growth, I remove it from the "bulb" and replant them in my other
tanks.  At this point I have 6 beautiful plants from these two bulbs, and
the original bulbs are still producing new plantlets.  My questions to the
group are:  (1) will these new plants once remove from the "mother bulb"
begin to produce their own bulb?  (2) If so how long will this take?  (3)
Is it necessary for the plant to flower for new "bulb" formation?  I have
been removing all floating leaves before they reach the surface to promote
more submerged leaves.  Any information would be greatly appreciated
Thanks,
Dan