Re: plexiglass covering

> Date: Thu, 10 May 2001 13:09:32 -0700 (PDT)
> From: Lazarus Miskowski <lazmiskowski at yahoo_com>
> Subject: plexiglass covering
>
> I am having a difficult time removing the paper
> covering of a piece of plexiglass I have.  I don't
> recall having this problem before.  It will not peel
> off, but rather breaks as you try to pull it.
> Removing all of the stuff this way would take hours.
> Any suggestions?  I am soaking it in water right now.
>
> Arthur

Alcohol will soften the glue. It gets hard and fails to peel if left in the
hot sun or other bad storage conditions. You should be able to get bulk
isopropyl or denatured ethanol from paint departments at Home Depot o/e.
Niether should hurt the plexi.

Don't count on it working as a tank cover, BTW. It absorbs moisture and
swells on the damp side, causing severe bowing. Use polycarbonate or
(better) glass for that purpose.

Wright

--
Wright Huntley, Fremont CA, USA, 510 494-8679  huntley1 at home_com

"The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed -- and
thus clamorous to be led to safety -- by menacing it with an endless series
of hobglobins, all of them imaginary." -- H.L. Mencken

               http://environmental.networkroom.com/