low heat lighting options

I am wondering what type of lighting has the lowest output of heat. For the
last few weeks, and probably through most of the summer, the room with the 10
gal in it gets very warm, and we have a hard time keeping the water temp
below 80. Do flourescent lights put out enough heat to raise the temp of the
water in this small of a tank? The tank currently has plants only at one end,
which is lit with an incandescent light that is about 8-10 inches away.
However, we noticed that the temp of the water went up even when the light
was off.
I would be interested in hearing others' opinions/experience in this area.
Thanks,
  Teresa in SoCal