Jay Reeves wrote:

> Does KH2PO4 = potassium phosphate?

Yes.

> and what is H3PO4?

Phosphoric acid.

> I have a small jar of Sodium Phosphate, Tribasic can this be used to add
> P?

It could be but probably shouldn't be.  It is strongly basic and will increase
alkalinity and pH, and add sodium, which you don't need.  The
potassium salt is probably your best bet.

nwwise wrote:
> Does anyone know where muriate of potash can be obtained?  I've looked
> around at several gardening stores, etc. and have been unable to locate
> anything.  Or does anyone know of another good source for some
> potassium?

Try Home Depot.  Ask for sodium-free water softener salt.  That's potassium
chloride a.k.a. muriate of potash.  You can get a lifetime supply for yourself
and all of your friends.  Other good sources are KNO3 (potassium nitrate),u
 sually sold as stump remover, and K2SO4 (potassium sulfate) which can
occasionally be found as a fertilizer.

David Ozenne
Fremont, CA

the TenFold Postmaster (postmaster at 10fold_com)