Re: bga MIC

Thanks for your insights. I am well aware of the risks of undertreating
bacterial infections (I'm a pharmacy student, proper use of antibiotics
is my mantra).  I treated the tank with 2.5mg/L as recommended and it
worked like a charm.  There seems to be some controversy regarding that
dosage and I was curious about the science behind the dose.  Generally
one determines the MIC (minimum inhibitory concentration) and then either
ensures that concentration stays well above that level or that a certain
amount of time is spent above the MIC ( concentration vs time dependent
killing) depending on the drug in question.  I just wanted to crunch the
numbers.
Thanks!
Laurel Merrell
3rd Year Pharmacy Student