Re: DIY trace element project

June <jdolb1 at home_com> wrote:
> Subject: DIY trace element project
> I have free source for elements (ag/hydroponics type) and would like to made
> my own trace element mix. The elements are in Sulfate form except for Mo
> which is Sodium. The Fe is chelated. It's been a long time since college
> chem which didn't hold any special interest for me anyway. :>  I am guessing
> that trace mix made with these forms would be ok???
> Advice, opinions, cautions welcome.

Sounds good, June. Just make sure there's no nitrate, nitrite, urea,
or phosphate compounds listed. Sulfate, chloride, sodium, and
potassium are all ok. Cautions; keep all this stuff away from kids
and keep the solution away from bright light during storage.

Jamie    <"\\\><  Aquatic plants, water chemistry, and cichlids
                  http://www.ais-gwd.com/~jjirons