Best Method for Complete Co2 dissolution..

     I was wondering what method of Co2 injection is best for complete
dissolution?  I am currently running the line straight into the intake of an
Eheim Cannister filter, but when I crank up the Co2 It plays havoc on the
operation of the impeller.  The Co2 collects in the cannister and then
begins to rattle and gurgle releasing it all at once. Suggestions?  Is this
method efficient? Or should I go back to a diffusor?
                                             Thanks in Advance.
                                                              Will