RE: Aquatic Plants Digest V4 #996

>From: "Chin See Ming" <chinseeming at hotmail_com>
>Subject: Plants under 8"/20 cm tall
>
>Please may I pick your brains?  My little 7 gal (an AG mini bow) is
>overwhelmed by two swords that have busted out.  I am moving the swords to
>my 50 gal.  But I need some thing to replace them with.  The foreground is
>already full of e. tenellus and a. barteri var. nana.  What I need are
>plants for the background that will grow about 8"/20 cm tall (cause that's
>the height of the water column). Your ideas will be much appreciated.

Cyrptocoryne Becktii (the kind with brown/red stems, and some of the leaves
have brown/red streaks in them)  That stuff grows great in my 10 gallon tank
with 2 15W bulbs and flourite, and it comes right up to the surface of the
water and gets no taller (for now).  The odd thing is that it almost seems
to grow better when I get lazy with that tank for a while, I mean the other
plants just stall when conditions get less than ideal and it seems like only
the cyrpt grows.

Dustin